Combined tour Prison Gate and Ridderzaal
From 11 July to 23 August 2017 we offer a combined tour of the Prison Gate Museum and the Ridderzaal (Hall of Knights). Once, the Prison Gate was the main entrance to the Binnenhof, with the Ridderzaal at its centre. During this tour you will first visit the Ridderzaal and afterwards visit our age-old prison cells.
- The tour lasts 1,5 hours and is available from Tuesday to Saturday.
- The tour is in Dutch, but we offer you the possibility to use an English audiotour (with a maximum of 8 persons using this English audiotour per group).
- Start: 10.45 AM at the Visitor Centre of ProDemos.
- Costs: €12,50 per person. Tickets can be ordered online at ProDemos.
- Suitable for children from the age of 8 and older.
About the Binnenhof
The Binnenhof (Inner Court) is a square in The Hague city centre. At its centre, you'll find the Ridderzaal (Hall of Knights) and the square is lined by parliament buildings and government buildings. Together they form the heart of Dutch government. This is where the House of Representatives meets, where the Prime Minister works and where the Ministers hold their weekly consultations.
The oldest buildings at the Binnenhof were built in the early thirteenth century and so have seen quite a few residents come and go. From counts, Stadtholders and Louis Napoleon to the Reichskommissar Seyss-Inquart during the German occupation of the Netherlands.